“Jeannie is the only facilitator I trust with my team. She has guided us through one-on-one and group conflict with grace and finesse. I trust her implicitly and her exceptional intuitive skills have allowed her to deliver exactly what we needed.” Vanessa V., CEO, Sagebrush Treatment Center
Conflict Management Training in Denver
Conflict Management Training for Teams
One of the most common challenges we see in organizations is the lack of ability to handle and negotiate conflicts in a productive way. Conflict is inevitable (all teams go through storming to get to norming and performing!) – and, if addressed and handled well can lead to innovation, better understanding and a stronger team.
Our definition of conflict is any difference of opinion with a strong, emotional reaction that is less than positive or neutral. As you can imagine, conflict is a daily occurrence in business and provides an opportunity for team development and for team members to be honest, to listen fully and to have breakthroughs in creativity, working relationships and results.
Some teams are challenged with customers, clients and vendors who consistently bring conflict. This can create employee burn out, high turn over and poor customer service if not handled correctly. We provide powerful conflict management training for leaders, managers and teams in Denver and beyond.
Transformative Conflict Management Training is for Managers, Executives and Teams to solve these challenges:
- Your team is not addressing conflict directly
- Your team does not have conflict management training norms to respond consistently to ongoing conflicts
- Your team members do not know their own conflict styles and struggle with staying in control
- Your newly promoted manager has no leadership skills to manage conflicts on the team
- The conflict on your team is causing a negative impact in achieving company goals
- Your work environment is toxic and there is no foundation of trust
- Executives are consistently unavailable to receive feedback
- Your team is unhappy and complaining
- You have problem clients who are demanding and causing disruptive conflict on the team
- Your team hates training programs and can’t afford them
In a hurry? Get a proposal emailed to you within 24 hours for your Transformative DISC training.
Free Offer – Consulting Services valued at over $800 for free.
Why do government agencies, private companies and non-profits choose Transformative Solutions? Yes, it is clear that we are 100% committed to improve the emotional intelligence and performance of leaders, teams and organizations. And yes, we have an effective integrated approach to team building, leadership training and organizational development using our 3-step process based on the research of Kurt Lewin and Chris Argyris. True too is our distinguished client list and positive testimonials.
The main reason is we provide more value, for FREE in such a short time. We work hard to prove our competency and earn your trust:
- The first step: Unpacking the Problem. Start with our Free 2 Minute Online Team Assessment. For no cost you start with understanding your unique challenges and strengths in 5 areas of dysfunction that covers any organization or team.
- Focus on relevant data: Our team assessment is designed to be efficient and effective in identifying your team’s challenges in the areas that most impact organizational health.
- Fast: You can quickly compile a good data set and create baseline indicator of your strengths and challenges. This information is critical for us. We will create an effective, high value, customized program and deliver your proposal in 24 hours.
- Value: Most consultants charge big fees to do a team wide assessment and analysis. We don’t. The free 2 minute team assessment can be done regularly to measure your return on investment. We invite you to have your whole team take this brief assessment and compile the results prior to our consultation.
- Confidential: We use the data to improve the accuracy of our assessment and focus our recommendations. The results go to the participant and to us. We can agree to compile the results for your team and maintain participant confidentiality, which increases the quality of the responses from each team member.
- The Second Step: Training and Re-Framing using Transformative Solutions
- Convenient: Schedule your appointment online – no phone tag or email chains.
- Comprehensive: During our Free 20 Minute Initial Consultation we will analyze your strengths and challenges to quickly develop the best way to present new perspectives and behaviors to your team.
- Experience: We have the skills, education, and time in the trenches to determine how to deal with your team’s resistance to change. We have seen teams fail and succeed and bring that background to your consultation. Many teams don’t trust one another, so we have to bring in new perspectives and behaviors appropriately.
- Clarity: We work with you in clarifying your goals and priorities regarding your DISC training. You don’t have to have it all figured out. Our consultation will propose a training to cover your intended results. We will clearly describe the techniques we use to teach new perspectives and train new behaviors.
- Step 3: Reorganize and Repack.
- Proposal for Services: After quickly strategizing with you to custom tailor a DISC program to meet your specific learning objectives, we send your Transformative Solutions proposal within 24 hours via email.
- Negotiation of Proposal: Most clients take the information and discuss the findings and recommendations with other stakeholders in the organization. You might learn of new goals or priorities to include in the training and request changes in the program. That is OK and encouraged! We have clients that want to expand the training to include the whole company, or scale it down to a lunch and learn. Sometimes they want to address a current challenge head on, avoid discussing certain issues, or take a more theoretical approach to the training.
- Free Follow-Up Consultation: We avail ourselves to meet further with you and any stakeholders during our Free 10 Minute Follow-Up Consultation to ensure you get the program you need. This can include delivery of a revised proposal.
- Letter of Agreement: This is where we finalize and commit to the scope, exact time, location and cost of the training.
Is This Free Transformative Conflict Management Training Consultation Right For You?
Some teams are not ready to participate fully in conflict management training because there is not enough trust on the team to feel safe practicing new communication skills. For these teams, we recommend Transformative DISC training to build up that foundation of trust. Then you can move into this more advanced communication tool.
- Do you want your team to provide great customer support to customers who are hostile, combative and aggressive?
- Do you want your team to know that leadership “has their back” and create a unified front to fulfill the client’s needs?
- Do you want your managers to develop the skills to improve team culture, cohesion, innovation, collaboration, and accountability?
- Do you need a uniform system of managing conflict that can support all of your departments and promote organizational health?
- Are you looking for a meaningful and fun program to get your team on the same page and build trust, openness and supportiveness?
- Would you like your team to be able to better understand each other’s priorities, needs, different styles of communicating and have successful conversations and meetings?
- Would you like a fun program to be able to actually PRACTICE using the Transformative Conflict tool to adapt communication and EXPERIENCE better results?
- Would you like to determine the return on your investment for this training?
- Don’t you want to avoid a training that actually makes things worse on your team?
No time for the Free 2 minute team assessment and 20 minute consultation? Then just request the standard Transformative DISC proposal here. We will have a proposal to you within 24 hours.
Learning Objectives & Program Results
By the end of the day you will:
- Increase Proactive Communication
- Decrease Gossip and Conflict
- Create Better Working Relationships
- Increase Trust
- Let Go of Personal Agendas
- Discover What is Best for the Team
- Understand the Needs of your Teammates
- Increase Creativity and Collaboration
Most people see conflict as something to be avoided. We train you to turn conflict into opportunities. We can help your team have breakthroughs in letting go of personal agendas and moving through conflicts in order to create stronger team dynamics.
Your Transformative Conflict Management Solution can be enhanced by taking the Wiley Publishing Company’s DiSC for Productive Conflict assessments. (The lower case “i” denotes the Wiley materials. The actual DISC theory is open source.) We also offer the Thomas-Killman conflict assessment as a resource for this training.
8 Hour Agenda:
The one day training is designed with a 4 hour morning of instruction and a 3 hour afternoon of experiential activities. This schedule deeply integrates the concepts and provides opportunities for real-time feedback to participants on how to best adapt your communication. Most clients prefer the following approach:
- Create list of training goals
- Introduction to DiSC and Conflict
- Review Thomas-Kilmann conflict model
- Review of personality profile assessments
- Small group discussion and identification of conflict styles
- Experiential exercises – how to communicate effectively in conflict with other styles
- Team Challenge and real time facilitation
- Debrief and application to the workplace
- Set personal goals for participants
4 Hour Agenda:
This half day training covers the same instructional content as the morning of the full day without the team challenge.
1 and 2 Hour Agendas:
Some clients request a short introductory program to “test drive” a training. HR Managers might sense deep resistance by some team members or managers to any change programs. It can be helpful to ease a team into emotional intelligence trainings so they can trust the training won’t be “Touchy-Feely” While some teams will dive in and start implementing communication trainings, other teams may not be ready. We also provide 1 hour Power Hour and 2 hour Double Power Hour Transformative Conflict Management solutions trainings to introduce the concepts and provide one or two tools to use right away. These training are powerful because they use the 3 step transformative process based on the research of Kurt Lewin and Chris Argyris. We don’t do boring power point lectures! We have the same guarantee for all of our programs.
We provide conflict management training in Denver, Colorado and beyond.
Contact us for more information.